PhotoTrap is an easy-to-use application that turns your spare smartphone into a security and surveillance system for:
· office and home protection,
· baby and pet monitoring,
· territory surveillance,
· car security,
· nature observation,
Use your phone as a regular IP camera or as a hunting camera:
– connect from your pocket smartphone to the PhotoTrap for Live video surveillance. Take pictures and record video during video surveillance
– arm / disarm the PhotoTrap. In armed mode, the PhotoTrap takes photos or record a video when motion is detected, instantly notifies the user and sends taken photo or video to an Email and/or Google Drive
– receive photos or videos at any time by remote control request
– full-time video recording 24/7 creates a video archive containing all events at the facility. The footage is saved to a safe place – to Email and / or Google Drive
– adjust camera parameters according to your needs: resolution, zoom, night-mode, flash
– eco mode allows the PhotoTrap (without using the built-in video motion detector) to work for several days or even weeks (depending on the battery condition) without being connected to the charger. Suitable for monitoring non-electrified objects, in the forest.
– connect an external sensor to detect motion or other events (smoke, vibration, door opening, etc.). Using an external sensor instead of the built-in video motion detector allows you to reduce the number of false alarms and use the eco mode
– the built-in video motion detector allows detecting movement without using external sensors. It has adjustable sensitivity and 2 modes of operation: “indoors” and “outdoors”. In outdoor mode, you select the zones to trigger the detector, excluding the zones that cause false alarms, such as the swaying tree. The outdoor video motion detector provides a detection range of up to 30 meters or more in the daytime.
– Use extra features of the PhotoTrap:
– time-lapse, e.g. photographing every 5 minutes
– instant notification about connecting / disconnecting the phone to the charger. Can be used to control home power network
– remotely control the PhotoTrap from the Console (from another phone)
– view and work with the received photos and videos in the PhotoGallery: zoom photos, adjust brightness / contrast, easily delete empty images.
PhotoTrap does not use unreliable private cloud to send / receive / store photos and videos, for this it uses the Email service of a reliable public provider (e.g. @gmail.com, @outlook.com), as well as Google Drive. The application does not require unnecessary permissions, does not request your account data.
Welcome to join our Facebook group where you can find user tips, help from developer and place your suggestions:
Improving the app compatibility with different phones models.
MOD id: com.remoteguard.phototrap