CellMapper displays advanced 2G/3G/4G/5G (NSA and SA) cellular network information and can also record this data to allow you to contribute to our crowd-sourced coverage maps.
CellMapper works on both tablets and phones running Android 4.0 or higher.
– Displays low level cellular network information data along with frequency band calculations (for some providers)
– Reads cellular frequencies and bandwidths on supported Android 7.0+ devices
– Displays a map of both coverage and individual tower sector coverage and bands
– Supports Dual SIMs devices
– Frequency calculator (GSM, iDEN, CDMA, UMTS, LTE, and NR)
Note: The data on the site and within the app is generated shortly after it is uploaded, it may take up to a few days to appear.
Currently supported networks:
Visit and follow us:
Visit our our website cellmapper.net.
Why does CellMapper need so many permissions?
“make and manage phone calls” – This is required to get low level network data from your device
“access to device location” – In order to map and contribute, we will need to know where the data was recorded from your device.
Older versions of Android:
android.permission.ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION – To get CellID information
android.permission.ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION – To get GPS location
android.permission.ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE – To get Cellular network information
android.permission.INTERNET – To connect to server to download map data / upload data
android.permission.READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE – To write external CSV file if no internet connection
android.permission.READ_LOGS – To read Samsung Field Test Mode data on Android 4.1 and earlier (despite what the dialog says, the app cannot read your browsing history unless your browser write it to the system log)
android.permission.READ_PHONE_STATE – To read info about airplane mode / network settings
android.permission.RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED – To start at boot time (if enabled)
android.permission.VIBRATE – To vibrate on CellID change (if enabled)
android.permission.WAKE_LOCK – For phones that do not support 4.2+ CellID Support, to ensure they report correct data
android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE – To write external CSV file and debug report
– Fixed B7 showing as B71 in Canada
– Removed incorrect warning message about permissions on older devices
– Fixed n7 showing in US for certain n41 channels
– Fixed signal displaying -1 dBm on OnePlus devices on 5G SA
– Fixed 5G gNB/CellID incorrect
– Fixed older Android 5/6 devices displaying permission errors
MOD id: cellmapper.net.cellmapper